Notice to Proceed: January 2018
Construction Mobilization: Early 2018
Construction to Begin: Spring 2018
Anticipated Completion: December 2020
Spring 2019 Anticipated Construction
- Continue removing track north along American Street up to Lehigh Avenue
- Continue installing the Green Stormwater Infrastructure in the median from Oxford to Lehigh Avenue
- Start work along sidewalks in areas where median work has been completed, roadway has been temporarily restored and temporary barrier removed
- Drop back and complete track removal and median work between Master and Oxford
Fall 2018 Anticipated Construction
- Continue removing track from Oxford to Susquehanna
- Begin installing the Green Stormwater Infrastructure in the median from Oxford to Susquehanna
- As median work is completed, barriers will be shifted to continue median work moving north
- Wrap up roadway work between Girard and Master
Summer 2018 Anticipated Construction
- Concrete barrier installation Oxford to Susquehanna
- Begin track removal and median work from Oxford to Susquehanna
- Continue roadway work between Girard and Master
Spring 2018 Anticipated Construction
- Setup construction related temporary signs
- Begin installation of inlets along corridor from Oxford to Susquehanna in preparation for future median work
- Track removal between Thompson and Master, road closures between Thompson and Master
Press Release: Streets Department Construction Update
Contact: Keisha McCarty-Skelton, (215) 686-5499 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Crystal Jacobs Shipman, (215) 686-5088 / email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 14, 2018
STREETS DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES CONSTRUCTION UPDATE FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN STREET STREETSCAPE PROJECT
PHILADELPHIA – Construction for the North American Streetscape project proceeds with the relocation of temporary construction barriers moved north along the corridor announced Streets Commissioner Carlton Williams.
Temporary concrete barriers currently placed on American Street between Oxford Street and Norris Street will be removed and relocated north as work along each block’s median is completed. On Monday, December 17th, the barriers from Oxford Street to Cecil B. Moore Avenue will be relocated to the median between Norris Street and Diamond Street. As work progresses over the winter, subsequent sections of barrier will be relocated. Concrete barriers are being placed to allow for the safe removal of existing railroad track and construction of Green Stormwater Infrastructure within the median.
Work is being performed by Tony DePaul and Son Contractors. The value of the construction contract is $26.4 M, and is funded with a Federal TIGER Grant as well as Federal Funds and Streets and Water Department funds.
Learn more about the project at http://www.americanstimprovementproject.com/. The Streets Department thanks area residents for their efforts and involvement during the design phase of this project and in advance for their patience and cooperation during the upcoming construction phase.