Notice to Proceed: January 2018
Construction Mobilization: Early 2018
Construction to Begin: Spring 2018
Anticipated Completion: December 2020
Spring 2018 Anticipated Construction
- Setup construction related temporary signs
- Begin installation of inlets along corridor from Oxford to Susquehanna in preparation for future median work
- Track removal between Thompson and Master, road closures between Thompson and Master
Summer 2018 Anticipated Construction
- Concrete barrier installation Oxford to Susquehanna (schedule will be updated with installation dates as information becomes available)
- Begin track removal and median work from Oxford to Susquehanna
- Continue roadway work between Girard and Master
Press Release: Streets Department Construction Update
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 2, 2018
STREETS DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES CONSTRUCTION UPDATE FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN STREET STREETSCAPE PROJECT
Motorists Should Plan Ahead and Expect Delays
Philadelphia – Streets Commissioner Carlton Williams announced today that construction work will be moving into the next major phase for the North American Street Streetscape Project, starting Monday, July 9th, 2018.
Temporary concrete barriers will be placed on American Street from Oxford Street to Susquehanna Avenue to allow for the removal of existing railroad track and construction of Green Storm water Infrastructure within the roadway median. Motorists should allow for additional travel time as there will be one lane of traffic maintained through the work area. Motorists can also expect to encounter changed traffic patterns throughout this area.
Work is being performed by Tony DePaul and Son Contractors. The value of the construction contract is $26.4 M, and it is being funded with a Federal TIGER Grant as well as Federal Funds and Streets Department and Water Department funds.
Learn more about the project at http://www.americanstimprovementproject.com/. The Streets Department thanks area citizens for their efforts and involvement during the design phase of this project. It also thanks citizens in advance for their patience and cooperation during the upcoming construction phase.